New Country Code.
The Countryside Agency and the Countryside Council for Wales are responsible for implementing the Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000. With the help of the public, land owners and other interested parties the Countryside Agency has come up with a new set of guidelines. These take into account the changes that the Act will bring and the way society has changed in the last 20 years.
You can get more information on Natural England by visiting their website.
- Be safe - plan ahead and follow any signs
- Leave gates and property as you find them
- Protect plants and animals, and take your litter home
- Keep dogs under close control
- Consider other people
The old Country Code:
- Enjoy the countryside and respect its life and work
- Guard against all risk of fire
- Fasten all gates
- Keep your dogs under close control
- Keep to public paths across farmland
- Use gates and stiles to cross fences, hedges and walls
- Leave livestock, crops and machinery alone
- Take your litter home
- Help to keep all water clean
- Protect wildlife, plants and trees
- Take special care on country roads
- Make no unnecessary noise